Friday, October 7, 2011

Don't Quit

www.istockphoto.com
By: Dawn Ford

When things go wrong as sometimes the will.
When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill.
When the funds are low and the debts are high.
When you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you don’t a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
AND MANY A FAILURE TURNS ABOUT.
WHEN HE MIGHT HAVE WON HAD HE STUCK IT OUT.
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.
Success if failure turned inside out.
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you can never tell how close you are. 
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you hardest hit.
It’s when things seem worst that you must NEVER QUIT!  

-          Author Unknown

I remember the first time I heard this poem.  I was a freshman in high school at the FFA National Convention in an arena with 20,000 other students.  I quickly memorized these 18 lines and they were my mantra for many years. 

As life sped along though, these words were lost to me.  I completely forgot them.  Until this morning.  Out the blue, they popped in my head and I quickly typed them without hesitation. 

Isn't it amazing how God can speak to my heart and know exactly what I need to hear?  To top it off, He’s so personal. He spoke to me in my love language; Words of Affirmation. He knows how important words are to me and how they convey love directly to me. 


What is your love language?  http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/


How does God convey His love for you?


Dawn Ford is the VP of Infinite Love Ministries, INC.  She is dedicated to showing all the infinite love of Christ - directly through teaching and speaking about God and indirectly through assisting with programs that promote literacy and proper healthcare. For more information please visit the ministries website, www.infiniteloveministries.com

2 comments:

  1. God speaks to me through beautiful sunsets. I love seeing how amazing and consistent He is. He's always there, thanks for the reminder. Love that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's beautiful Roslyn!!! His gift and kiss you!!!! Glad you enjoyed the post!!!

    ReplyDelete